Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN)
The HEN team provides support and expertise to people
who need to receive nutrition through feeding tubes,
either at home or in care homes, across Lambeth, Southwark and
It is a specialist team made up of different healthcare
professionals including dieticians, nutrition nurse specialists and
speech and language therapists who specialise in swallowing
What services are available?
The HEN Team provide a range of services, including:
- Provide specialist care to help you have your tube feeds at
- Pay for and organise the delivery of tube feeds and equipment
to your home
- Ensure a smooth start to tube feeding at home, by working
closely with our colleagues in hospital and the community
- Co-ordinate the training needed before setting up your feed and
equipment at home
- Our specialist nurses offer information, support and training
on how you can safely care for your feeding tube
- Our dietitians will ensure you are having enough nutrition to
meet your needs, in the way that is best for you
- If you have a swallowing problem our speech and language
therapists will advise you how to manage this safely
- Our specialist paediatric dietitian will offer support and
advice for children and their carers
How can you contact us?
During office hours (Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, excluding
T: 0203 049 3810 (messages will be checked regularly in office
F: 0203 049 3811
The HEN Team are based in Unit 2 at Burgess Business Park
in Camberwell, SE5 7TJ.
Out of hours:
If you need help outside the HEN team office hours please call
the homeward 24 hour advice line, you will be able to speak to a
Homeward Nurse. Tel: 08457 623 636.
Who do the HEN Team work with?
We work with a range of hospital and community healthcare
professionals across Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham PCTs:
- Your hospital dietitian will refer you to us before you go home
to ensure you have training and supplies of feed and
- We also work closely with Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition.
Nutricia manufacture the feed,-feeding pumps and equipment
- Nutricia Homeward delivers the feed and equipment to your home,
care home or school
- Homeward also employ two Nutrition Nurses who provide
additional nursing expertise to support our service
Any Person who needs the HEN team services in the community is
referred to the team by the required health care professional who
fills in the HEN team referral form with the
relevant information and forwards this to the team.